Tuesday 1 October 2013

Autumn Leaves

We have been making the most of the lovely warm weather out and about and stumbled upon some lovely colours of leaves that had begun to fall from the trees in the park. This prompted plenty of discussion ranging from describing the different colours of the leaves through to talking about how it is 'Autumn'. 


The leaves were so colourful that I decided we must be able to make something with them so I set the boys the task of collecting some leaves which they thought was a great game and kept running up to show me their offerings. One child decided he would rather collect sticks which gave me the idea of creating an Autumn collage. 


We took all of our autumnal things home and I gave the boys some sticky back plastic. They set about making their own collages and particularly enjoyed hammering the plastic back down at the end. I though the colourful results were a lovely sample of the nature we saw in the park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment