Thursday 18 September 2014

Cinnamon Scented Salt


Out of all the sensory trays that I put together for the children they always seem to remember the ones that I add flavour too so in line with our Autumn theme I thought cinnamon would be a good place to start.

I mixed cinnamon with some good old table salt which resulted in a lovely golden colour and a sweet smell that filled the entire room! I combined this with some of our Autumn discoveries that morning including leaves, twigs and conkers complete with their shells along with a few props such as spoons and cake cases.

My role in these play activities is to provide an 'invitation to play' and then step back and allow the children's imaginations to engage. In this activity we ended up with making each other breakfast, seeing how many conkers could be balanced on spoons and making marks through the salt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment